We offer oven-dried catfish which is a highly nutritious protein source for human consumption. Fresh fish deteriorates easily, hence there have to be some ways to preserve it while ensuring adequate retention of all nutritional value. Drying is a method of food preservation that works by removing water/moisture from the food, which inhibits the growth of microorganisms.
Nutritional Value of Dried Catfish
- Pure dried catfish is a completely natural product that retains the antioxidants and omega-3 benefits of fresh fish, while significantly contributing to the health of the consumer.
- The well-dried fish helps to mitigate the occurrence of heart attacks and keeps the body’s circulation functioning well.
- Dried fish provides an excellent source of protein with fewer calories than other foods such as beef. One hundred grams of dried fish contains about 80 percent protein with 300 calories
- Dried catfish contain little salt or cholesterol while being high in essential vitamins and minerals.
- It also is low in saturated fat, which is known to aggravate or cause heart and blood-pressure problems.
You should include dried fish in your diet on a regular basis. It is good for your health.